Friday, December 10, 2010

standing on the promises.

"And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people." Ephesians 6:18
Praying my heart out for the Oppers. I know that God is in control of all of this, and that His will is going to be done through this. As hard as it is to see His plan, I do know He has the bigger picture.

Here's the lyrics to a song I've been thinking about a lot today.

Standing on the promises of Christ my King, 
through eternal ages let his praises ring; 
glory in the highest, I will shout and sing, 
standing on the promises of God. 

Standing, standing, 
standing on the promises of Christ my Savior; 
standing, standing, 
I'm standing on the promises of God. 

Standing on the promises that cannot fail, 
when the howling storms of doubt and fear assail, 
by the living Word of God I shall prevail, 
standing on the promises of God.  

Standing on the promises of Christ the Lord, 
bound to him eternally by love's strong cord, 
overcoming daily with the Spirit's sword, 
standing on the promises of God.  

Standing on the promises I cannot fall, 
listening every moment to the Spirit's call, 
resting in my Savior as my all in all, 
standing on the promises of God. 

The bold parts are the phrases that have really stuck out to me. My friend Stephanie wrote a wonderful post of verses...go check it out here
-Em
 

3 comments:

  1. If we don't stand on the promises of God, what else is there?
    "All other ground is sinking sand."
    Praying so hard for the Oppers now...
    Mrs. Opper was such a light and inspiration and will be so dreadfully missed. She is one of my heroes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to that, girl.
    She will be so missed.
    :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings from Wordwise Hymns--and Happy New Year. What a great hymn to begin 2011! Whatever circumstances come our way, we do need to keep "standing on the promises" God has made in His holy Word. If you want to learn a bit more about this song, check out my blog for today. God bless.

    ReplyDelete