Tuesday, July 20, 2010

puppies again?

well hey everyone :]

today was an eventful day. About 2 weeks ago, as I before mentioned, Goldie had puppies. 11 of them. And, thankfully, all 11 are still alive and kicking, but we now have to bottle feed them. If you've never had the chance to bottle feed 2 week old puppies, let me tell you: it's a long and painful process. Long because...they eat slowly! And they often can't tell what they're doing! And painful because, well, puppies have claws. Sharp claws which dig into your arms. I just finished this long task (it takes about 2 hours!) and I'm in desperate need of a shower, due to the spilling of formula (gross!) and the general smell of puppies.

Now, yesterday I came home from camp, expecting to find a new litter of puppies from Toffee, the other mother who was expecting. Well, I did find puppies. But they were not, however, from Toffee....they are Nova's! all 8 of them! great. I thought, "ok, 19 puppies. We can do this. We've had 18 at a time before...what's one more?" I was, of course, forgetting that Toffee was still pregnant (about to burst is more like it!) and this afternoon, she gave birth to 8 puppies. Well, actually, she's in the middle of labor with more still inside her, and we only have 7 of hers because there were twins and one died. So...yeah. If you ever want to see puppies, or want a puppy, or even just wish you had a dog, come on over to my house. You can play with them to your heart's content.

Anyway, it's been amazing to witness God's provision through this time. He truly does care about His children, as I've seen through His answering my prayers of please let us find a buyer for this dog/make this move injury-free/give me a peace about everything that is going on. Take, for example, Bella, our 130-pound St. Bernard. Bella is something of a protective/selective/not-good-with-kids dog, and finding a new home for her was proving to be difficult (she'd been advertised for for almost 4 weeks). Last night, I prayed that God would provide a buyer for Bella by Saturday. This evening, my dad came home and said that Bella now has a new home - the people wanted to take her tonight, in fact! God is so good to us. I'm constantly amazed.

Although taking care of puppies is somewhat draining, I know that we'll make it through and that it will all work out in the end. Besides...puppies are pretty cute! ;]

Em

My favorite puppy, Red Girl.




2 comments:

  1. Awww, Red Girl is so cute! I have missed you so much, and I'm really glad that you posted on your blog again. =] I'm sorry you have so many puppies. That is a lot. I remember having three puppies at a time. THAT was a lot. I can't imagine having... how ever many you have. 25 or so. Wow. I will be praying for sanity in your house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yes she is pretty cute :]] I miss you too! Thanks for your prayers...they really mean a lot! I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete