Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Phil Wickham!

I'm not someone who really enjoys change. Let's just make that clear. I also don't like making decisions that involve anyone other than myself. So yeah...I tend to sick with old routines and habits, along with styles, favorites, ect...you get the picture. Because of this, I don't usually update the music on my iPhone. I tend to get some music on there and just stay with it, partially because I'm perfectly happy with what I have and also because once, when I was attempting to update my phone, I cleared it of all data. Yeah. Not a happy camper. :[. So I now try to avoid changing it around if I can. Anyway...last night, my brother had just gotten all this new music, and I *really* wanted to put the new music on my iPhone because I was sure I'd get a chance to listen to it throughout the week. (For all of you who don't know, public school tends to leave you with a TON of time in class to do whatever you want. Seriously.) I plugged my phone in, and several...mishaps...later, I was happily removing my iPhone from his computer, very proud of the technological achievment I had just completed. I had downloaded 2 new albums from a "new" artist (new to me), Phil Whickham.

Wow. That's all I can say.

This Christian artist reaches a depth in his songs that I find missing in a large majority of Christian media today. Let me post for you some of the lyrics from my current favorite, After Your Heart..

"Let's be the revolution that lives for holding nothing back, nothing back,
We're after Your heart, after Yourr heart,
all of the walls now, are breaking apart,
live like we see it, love like we mean it,
this is the start, we're after Your heart."

And then...

"Love with no conditions,
It lives for holding nothing back, nothing back"
"We're after Your heart, we're never going to stop, untill we reach You."

This song, along with "Home", really grabbed my attention. All of the songs are fantastic, it's just that those two happen to be my favorites :].

So please, go check it out! Honestly some of the best Christian music I've heard in a long time.
http://philwickham.com/

Emily

3 comments:

  1. Emily! I love Phil Wickham! Thanks for this. =) And I'm super excited that you keep updating your blog; it's pretty amazing.

    By the way, Phil W. had a free album on Noisetrade, but I can't find it anymore. If you want, I can send it to you! =D


    Iloveyou.

    ReplyDelete
  2. KENNA! Seriously! I'm in love with his music. Mmm. Noisetrade? I've never heard of it, but I'll check it out...if you get a chance, send it my way. I have Cannons and Heaven and Earth, but I think he has another album...

    I love you too. And I'm really going to try to keep updating this! :D!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Em,
    I've heard some of his songs on the radio. But I can't remember... I'll listen more closely next time! I love good lyrics, but they are hard to find! Love the updates!
    Emily

    ReplyDelete