Monday, March 8, 2010

Hallelujah!

So I recently discovered this song called "All I Have is Christ". Google it. Buy it. Listen to it. I love it. :]. Here are some of the lyrics...

"I once was lost, in darkest night,
yet thought I knew the way,
The sin that promised joy and life,
had led me to the grave.
I had no hope that You would own
a rebel to Your will,
and if You had not loved me first,
I would refuse You still.

Hallelujah! All I have is Christ!
Hallelujah! Jesus is my life!"

So...that's one of my favorite songs right now. I love the "Hallelujah! All I have is Christ! Jesus is my life!" I've really been challenged with that saying, because I'm not sure if I'm in a place in my walk with Christ that I could actually say "Hallelujah, all I have is Him, and He is enough!". That's my little mini challenge this week...well, not so mini, I guess.

Also, on a not-so-hallelujah note, this week is ACT and MME week, so I wish good luck to all you juniors, and I'm sure you'll do totally fabulously. At our school, they blockade off like...half of the school, which includes my locker, which means you can't get to those classrooms/lockers until Friday morning. FRIDAY. Which means I have to lug around all 1,000,000 pounds of junk that usually exists inside my locker and I will probably end up with a broken back. My kind friend Katie is letting me put my things in her locker, which is SUPER generous, so I'll hopefully be a little bit less encumbered. Wish you all well! Hope this week goes aboslutely swimmingly!

Em

4 comments:

  1. Great song; it encouraged me so much tonight! Thanks for that, Em.

    Ouch! The ACT and MME are... well, they're painful (I'm glad I'm not counted among those poor, tortured juniors).

    And sorry about your locker situation - I sympathize. ;]

    We should definitely grab coffee sometime soonish.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool song. :)

    I'm off to Haslett tomorrow morning to take that.... lovely test. :) Thanks for the good luck wishes! :) Maybe I'll see you there! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. love those lyrics... some of my favorite music is off of Todd Agnew's new cd, NEED! it is really good and falls inline with what you were talking about... listen to it soon!
    em

    ReplyDelete
  4. Umm.... so I have to say that it is pretty fantastic that you used the word 'swimmingly.' it made my day. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete