Friday, March 19, 2010

fairytales.

Hey :]
well, first of all...soccer was actually fun. I'm really feeling the practice right now (yay for muscles I didn't even know existed!) but we don't have another one until Tuesday, so that should give me time to recover. I'm really excited about it...thanks for the prayers!

As you can probably see, the title of this post is fairy tales. except without the space. Anyway, it's called that because of a conviction I've had lately in my life. As a Christian, I've realized that I have expected life to be a fairy tale. No major troubles to speak of, eventually marrying the perfect guy, and driving away from the wedding, off to a mansion of immeasurable riches and happiness, where (of course!) we would live happily ever after. Well, REALITY CHECK for me! That's not always how it happens. In life, there ARE troubles, and every girl doesn't always get married in a fairy tale wedding. In the world around me, there's so much of a push and a longing for a happily ever after, with perfect relationships and no more pain of frustration. Last weekend, my great grandma died, and today was her funeral. At the burial, the pastor said, "Now, we are burying a body, but this is not Caroline. Caroline is in heaven, celebrating with her Savior and Creator. She's not here, she is with Christ!" I was suddenly reminded of the fact that I am not living in a perfect world. Things don't always work out, hearts are broken, and pain and irritation is everywhere. But someday, we as Christians are going to be able to celebrate in the arms of our Creator, completely whole and made perfect in His glory. I am so excited for that! Isn't it such a reassurance that "our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all." (2 Corinthians 4:17). The real question is...are you going to be there, taking part in that eternal glory?

Em.

2 comments:

  1. ...we would live happily ever after. Well, REALITY CHECK for me!

    haha, so true.

    I'm sorry about your great grandma. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. good thing heaven isn't a fairytale! and it will be a perfect place, no torn lives, sadness, or sin!!! :-)

    thanks for the remainder,
    em

    ReplyDelete